This could be really good, really big news for those of us who have Fibromyalgia. If there’s a known source and cause, then that means there’s a higher chance of finding a cure… and finding it faster. Or at least drastically reducing the pain.
There’s also this article: 10 Causes Of Fibromyalgia Your Doctor Doesn’t Know About (click here).
I hesitated to share these articles, though, because nothing in them can really be certain. Fibromyalgia is different for everyone that has it. The types of pain are different. The cycles are different. What triggered the onset of the Fibromyalgia is different. The progression of the disease is different. Exacerbating factors are different.
There’s also the fact that while I’ve only had the diagnosis for a couple of years, I see the history that others I share the diagnosis with have gone through. There have been supposed breakthroughs before. Hopes are raised and then dashed. What works for some doesn’t work for most. I’ve experienced this with Cymbalta. It works great with anxiety, to a point, but doesn’t do a single thing for the pain. That has my shrink baffled, but I’m not surprised since she comes from the stance that chronic pain due to Fibromyalgia is actually psychosomatic and caused by stress, depression, and anxiety. I do have those things, but they’re not causing my pain. Not when those factors are under control. And not when the pain is what makes my depression and anxiety worse rather than the other way around.
My real purpose was to get these articles up and shared. I have some other issues I’d like to discuss but I’m feeling foggy and jumbled.
- Myths, Assumptions, Realities, and Confustion Surrounding Fibro (eullrich11.wordpress.com)
- 5 Myths About Fibromyalgia (flourishwithfibro.wordpress.com)
- Fibromyalgia Natural Treatments (newsthoughtsandpics.wordpress.com)
- Fibromyalgia…it’s all in your hands?! (painfullyawareblog.wordpress.com)
- Fibromyalgia; what’s that? (memyselfandfi.wordpress.com)
- Fibro Fog (caroltrevor.wordpress.com)
- Men With Fibromyalgia Often Go Undiagnosed (bodyprinciple.wordpress.com)