On this amazingly lovely, sunny, mild Friday afternoon, I am grateful…
- For, as always, my three amazingly precocious daughters.
- For my hard-working, handsome husband.
- For my wonderful, kind, and generous friends and family.
- For our military members, past and present, who have sacrificed their lives and careers for the liberties and freedoms that we are privileged to have today.
- For spellchecker because I always forget how to spell privileged.
- For scientists and science and technology. I wouldn’t make a very good pre-modern-era woman.
- That the new chore charts have been working for (going on) three weeks.
- For the fun that is soap operas, and DVR’s so I can record them and watch them any old time I want which is usually all at once, once a month.
- For IEP’s and summer session school so that we don’t have to pay the $300+ fees for summer session for Princess #2.
- That although I wouldn’t wish Autism on anyone or their child, there are other parents going through the same thing we are.
- For Murphy’s Oil Soap
- For payment plans.
- For the convenience of grocery stores because honestly, I’m not a farm girl. There’s no way in the world I’d be cleaning up cow pucky, feeding pigs slop, shearing sheep, and waking up at 4:30 every morning or delivering foals and calves in the middle of the night. Nor would I be any good at harvesting my fruits and veggies. I have the brownest thumb on the planet. If it’s not self-sufficient, it will die or live in it’s own filth. Barring my own children and cats, of course.
- For Farmville, for allowing me to believe that at least online I have a chance of raising something green even if I occasionally “wither” plants, and never ever have to feed my animals.
- For Charmin Ultra Soft. Truly and honestly.